Pella Regional Health Center
Full-time with the opportunity of flexible scheduling, remote position, must reside in the state of Iowa, competitive benefits, retirement plan, 40 hours of PTO at position start, with additional hours earned at accrual
Identifies reviews, interprets, codes and abstracts clinical information from inpatient and/or outpatient records for the purpose of reimbursement, data collection, and compliance with federal regulations and other agencies using established coding principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT/HCPCS coding and medical necessity guidelines.
- Understanding of reimbursement methodology, federal, state and payer coding documentation and billing requirements
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer knowledge with ability to learn specific coding system.
- Data entry, abstracting, indexing, data collection and statistical-gathering skills.
- Professional knowledge of various aspects of patient care, human anatomy and physiology and medical terminology.
- Ability to achieve accuracy standards of 95% after training
- Completes coding consistent with established production standards after training
- Must be self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Be able to work independently as well as work in a strong team environment
- Must live in the state of Iowa
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High School Graduate
- Preferred certification (RHIT, CPC, CCS, CCS-P)
- Overall experience will be reviewed in the event there is no certification or certification is a CCA or CPC-A. Required to have a (CPC, CCS, CCS-P) within a year.
- 1-3 years coding experience preferred.
- Preferred experience with facility/professional coding e.g. Emergency Medicine, Interventional Radiology, Oncology, Wound Care, Infusion, Surgery (e.g. urology, gynecology, general, dermatology, ENT, cataract), Clinic/Professional, Ancillary Rehab, Specialty (e.g. Rheumatology, Urology), OB and Outpatient.
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/pella/#/job/4574