Pella Regional Health Center
Pella Regional Health Center is a private, non-profit provider of health care accredited by The Joint Commission. Since opening in 1960, Pella Regional has grown from a facility to care for the acutely ill to a system that includes the hospital, outpatient services, and medical clinics. The hospital is operated as a critical access hospital, staffing 25 acute-care beds. At Pella Regional Health Center, our vision is to lead the region in providing compassionate service and clinical excellence through our health ministries. We pride ourselves on creating an innovative and progressive workplace that engages each team member in a positive work environment. This allows each employee the opportunity for personal growth and advancement.
Responsible for the daily operations of the Health Information Department and it personnel. The manager works as an integral part of the management team in cooperation with the medical staff, administration, and other departments to provides a centralized and coordinated system of Health Information Services. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Formulates and adheres to a budget. Coordinates HIPAA program for the facility and assists with education for the facility.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Bachelor’s Degree with RHIT or RHIA certification required.
- A minimum of 5 years of prior work experience in an HIM department for a mid-large healthcare facility and/or clinic required.
- Extensive experience beyond the required 5 years may be substituted for the certification.
- Previous management experience required with at least 3 years of prior successful management experience highly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, indices, data collection, HIPAA, coding and regulatory mandates
- Prior experience in medical transcription, ICD-9, ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding, as well as DRG, APC and other reimbursement mandates and regulations is required.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong written skills, including excellent spelling, proofreading and English Composition skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively as a member of a team.
- Must display a high degree of tact and the ability to communicate legal/regulatory requirements in understandable language.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory mandates and accrediting standards.
- Experience in indices and data collection.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of skill in human relations and communication with the ability to deal constructively on a one-on-one basis with a wide variety of persons and personalities.
- Strong organizational skills. Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain composure in a busy working environment.
- Must possess those technical and critical thinking skills required to complete the duties as described in this job description.
Pella Regional Health Center provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of all our employees and their families. These benefits are included with our pay plan to provide a total compensation package and may require employee contributions for participation. A variety of benefits are available to full and part-time employees. Casual and PRN employees may participate in a few benefits based on hours worked.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply Online: http://www.pellahealth.org/careers/