Waverly Health Center
Waverly Health Center is a critical access hospital located in Waverly, IA. This position would manage the on site HIM department and supervise employees in the department.
Directs the health information management (HIM) functions for the organization, coordinating HIM services and monitoring compliance with state and federal regulations. Also serves as the HIPAA Privacy Officer, coordinating and monitoring compliance with privacy regulations.
- Education, Experience, and Training
- Must possess Associate’s Degree in Health Information Technology or Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Administration.
- Must have current certification through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) as a Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Two or more years of previous hospital experience in all aspects of health information management functions is preferred.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards and federal and state regulations for medical/hospital facilities is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in information privacy laws, access, release of information, and release control technologies is preferred.
- Ability to learn and navigate computer systems including the online training modules, the employee timesheet and the performance appraisal system. Job specific systems are also required.
- Must be able to read, speak, and write fluent English.
- Physical Requirements
- Sitting – Approximately 100% of shift.
- Standing – Not a requirement.
- Walking – Not a requirement.
- Lifting – Not a requirement.
- Twisting – Not a requirement.
- Bending – Infrequent.
- Squat/Kneel – Not a requirement.
Apply Online: http://www.waverlyhealthcenter.org