MercyOne Clive Rehabilitation Hospital
MercyOne Clive Rehabilitation Hospital is a state-of-the-art, 50-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced the debilitating effects of a severe injury or illness. Our rehabilitation programs provide ongoing care and specialized treatment to patients in their recovery journey. We offer customized, intense rehabilitation tailored to the individual needs of those recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation and orthopedic injury. MercyOne Clive Rehabilitation Hospital strives to maximize the health, function and quality of life of those we serve through comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation programs.
- Coordinator for management of information.
- Compiles quarterly reports for Utilization Review.
- Reviews charts for clinical pertinence and completion according to accreditation standards.
- Accurately codes impatient charts per hospital policy in keeping with regulatory guidelines.
- Acts as HCIS coordinator. Assures data is input on timely basis in order to adhere to corporate deadline.
- Prepares a daily inpatient census of all admits and discharges.
- Assembles and analyzes charts of discharged patients. Enters deficiencies into computer, prepares deficiently lists, and distributes to physicians and staff.
- Answers all requests for release of information. Processes the requests according to policy.
- Complies monthly QA data and reports finds.
- Participator in performance improvement as appropriate.
- Develops and updates (as needed) policies and procedures to meet all applicable accreditation, licensure, and institutional requirements as needed.
- Ensure that policies and procedures reflect current trends and development in medical records practices.
- Assumes responsibility for staff in carrying out these policies and procedures.
- Ensures department’s work is done in an efficient and effective manner. Completes performance evaluations as required by the facility’s policy.
- Communicates with the professional staff in regard to agencies and governmental requirements, potential legal problems, dictation, equipment function, and record deficiencies.
- Completes required continuing education hours per cycle as mandated.
- Serves on committees as appropriate.
- Available to evaluate need for contract services, monitors usage, and productivity of these services.
- Assigns diagnoses/procedures codes to medical records using ICD-10-CM coding system.
- Assigns initial codes within 3 days of admission and updates codes throughout the patients hospitalization with the final coding completed within 3 days of discharge, excluding weekend or holidays.
- Works with physicians and other clinic staff to clarify diagnoses and/or documentation issues relating to coding.
- Serves as a coding resource to other hospital staff that might have questions regarding the meaning of certain codes.
- Stays current with all coding changes pertaining to the inpatient rehabilitation environment.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patient information with performing coding duties.
- Participates in overall quality assessment and improvement activities and relevant training programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved program for HIM or coding. RHIA OR RHIT certification required or obtain within 1 year of hire.
- 2 years experience in HIM in a health-related facility preferred.
- Experience as an inpatient coder in a hospital is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Apply Online: http://indeed.com