Van Buren County Hospital
Health Information Manager – Van Buren County Hospital has a full-time opening for a Health Information Manager. Certification preferred. This position is responsible department that maintains health records and ensures they are completely and accurately documented, readily accessible and organized. VBCH is looking for a motivated team player for this position. All qualified applicants may obtain an employment application at VBCH, 304 Franklin St, Keosauqua, IA 52565 or online at www.vbch.org. Applications may be submitted to the address above or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact Kara McEntee at 319-293-8722 for more information on this position. EEO Employer/AA/Vet/Disabled.
Under the general supervision of the department manager, performs a variety of duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary. Performs inpatient and outpatient coding applying accurate ICD and CPT coding. Abstracts inpatient and outpatient visits per departmental policy. Assist director in areas of medical staff responsibilities, credentialing, QA, mandatory reporting and HIPAA readiness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attendance at work on a regular and reliable basis.
- Code inpatient and outpatient visits following established guidelines.
- Abstracts necessary information from monthly recurring outpatient visits.
- Answer telephone and fills requests.
- Performs other duties within the department as called upon.
- Attends and participates in in-service programs.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Informs the department manager of problems.
- Assists in maintaining up-to-date procedures pertinent to functions of the position.
- Assists director in areas of medical staff responsibilities, credentialing and various committees, and mandatory functions of the department.
- Must be able to safely work in an environment where latex is prevalent.
- Complete annual education requirements.
- Attend meetings as appropriate.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Stays up-to-date with industry matters by reading/attending educational presentations.
Current RHIT Licensure
1-3 years experience in management and Health Information
High school diploma or equivalent required
VBCH offers IPERS, a generous PTO package (up to 4 weeks in the first year), medical, dental, and vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, Allstate insurance, and life insurance.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Go to the web address below and download an application and email it email@example.com.
Apply Online: https://vbch.org/employment.html