HIM Team Lead
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is a trusted provider of high quality, local health care. At Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, we strive to be a premier employer, known for our strong commitment to high employee satisfaction scores while offering competitive salary and benefit packages. Monroe County Hospital & Clinics employs 185 team members and is proud to be called a Top 150 Workplace by the Des Moines Register three years in a row.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics is seeking a Full-time HIM Team Lead to join our team.
Primary duties for this position include:
- Assists Revenue Cycle Manager in developing policies and procedures for the Health Information Management Department, sharing them with employees, and reviewing them annually.
- Serves as a Coder when needed.
- Initiates Service Requests with the electronic health records system for HIM and follows up with Revenue Cycle Manager assistance as needed.
- Maintains Chargemaster in conjunction with Revenue Cycle Manager.
- Functions as the Privacy Officer for MCHC.
- Functions as the Compliance Officer for MCHC.
- Assists and leads clinical documentation processes throughout facility to ensure adequate documentation education and compliance.
- Focuses on advanced beneficiary notice compliance and works with department leaders to be up to date on requirements.
- Oversees the release of information process.
- Ensures compliance with the Red Flag Rules, HIPAA, and any other pertinent federal regulations focusing on patient documentation and electronic medical records.
- Assists Revenue Cycle Manager with conducting quarterly employee rounding of HIM team members.
- Actively participates in the annual evaluation process for HIM team members and in coaching sessions as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associate Degree (or equivalent) in a business, financial or management curriculum preferred.
- Current RHIT license preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience in Health Information Management field preferred; previous leadership experience also preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize required
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts
- Allstate Voluntary Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO Package
- Pre-employment drug screening and DCI checks required. E.O.E
Full-time, 32-40 hours per week.
Monroe County Hospital & Clinics, 6580 165th St Albia, IA 52531
Phone: (641) 932-2134 | Fax: (641) 932-1671
Apply Online: https://www.mchalbia.com/career-opportunities/health-information-management-team-lead/