Manager — Health Information
Join the Leadership team at Avera!
Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America’s Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Advance Avera to the next level through innovation, side by side with a leadership team proven to help shape the future of health care.
Avera is currently seeking a highly motivated Health Information Management (HIM) Manager!
- More than a career! Avera is a mission-driven organization focused on people and our communities.
- As a HIM Manager, assist with the implementation, review, and continual update of overall policies, procedures, and plans for Health Information Management.
- Positive and productive team environment.
- The HIM Manager is responsible for the successful implementation of the Health Information Management process. This includes, but is not limited to, the management of workflow and personnel to achieve set turnaround and throughput times, process development and refinement, data analysis and aggregation to identify system or facility opportunities, acting as a liaison with other departments at Howard County, direct supervision and education of staff, and the fulfillment of HIM department objectives.
- The position will be working with all levels of staff and leadership across the organization and in collaboration with Avera HIM leadership.
- Key to this position is strong leadership, teamwork, and process management/improvement abilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree is required.
- Degree in health information administration from an American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) accredited school preferred or an equivalent health care field accepted.
- A minimum of two years of previous Health Information Management experience preferred.
- A minimum of one to two years of leadership experience is preferred.
- If this position is at an Iowa-based facility, completion of the Child Abuse & Dependent Adult Abuse courses for Iowa Mandatory Reporters within 90 days of employment and every three years thereafter.
- AHIMA’s certification preferred: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
Full-time benefits and PTO available!
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Submit your application at Averajobs.org. Search Health Information Manager.
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/avera/#/job/84019