The Iowa Health Information Management Association recognizes the importance of promoting the excellence of students entering the health information management profession.
Each year, the Iowa Health Information Management Association awards scholarships to one or more individuals who have achieved certain educational goals in the field of health information management.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for this scholarship:
- The student must meet one of the following requirements:
- A student enrolled in a CAHIIM accredited Associate HIM program, eligible in the last year of the program.
- A student enrolled in a CAHIIM accredited Baccalaureate HIM program, eligible in the last half of the program
- An RHIT progressing to RHIA in a CAHIIM accredited program
- A student enrolled in a CAHIIM accredited Masters program in HIM or HI
- A student enrolled in a Coding Certificate/Diploma program through a CAHIIM accredited program
- The student must be enrolled full-time or part-time as defined by the program.
- The student may receive the IaHIMA scholarship award only one time per level of degree.
- Academic Record Required: A grade point average (GPA) of not less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A member of the American Health Information Management Association with Component State Association (CSA) designated as Iowa.
- A United States Citizen
Scholarship deadline has passed. Scholarship recipient will be announced at the Annual Meeting.