Are you interested in posting an opportunity? Click here to complete the online job board submission form.
Site Supervisor (RHIT/RHIA)
Ciox Health facilitates and manages the movement and transfer of health information with the industry’s broadest provider network and capabilities in release of information, record retrieval, and health information management. Every record represents a real person. Each data point is a potential game-changer in someone’s life: a connection to be understood and acted upon. And so our goal is to enable greater health by improving the way health information is managed. For 40 years, Ciox has advanced the healthcare industry through better health information management and exchange of health information. Our broad reach in medical records extends across industries, allowing us to modernize workflows, facilitate access to clinical data, and improve the accuracy and flow of health information. We help our clients manage, protect, and leverage health information to achieve operational improvements, optimized revenue, and better patient outcomes.
Under the direction of the Manager of Operations and the general instruction of the Facility Contact at the assigned facility, the Site Client Services Supervisor is responsible first for the duties and responsibilities of the Client Services position. In addition, the Site Client Services Supervisor will assist the Manager of Operations in the efficient operation of the assigned account. The Site Client Services Supervisor will also assist the Manager of Operations in training, staffing, and providing coverage at the site for the Client Services Representatives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assists the Manager of Operations in the training and direction of the Client Service Rep positions.
- Provides input to the Manager of Operations for the evaluation of the Client Service Rep positions.
- Answers day to day questions posed by clients and the Client Service Rep positions.
- Makes recommendations for methods to increase productivity.
- Assist in meeting regional revenue goals on a consistent basis.
- Comply with all release of information related functions as stipulated in service agreement.
- Assist in selecting, interviewing, hiring and terminating employees.
- Participate in counseling sessions of site personnel and makes probationary or termination recommendations when necessary.
- Responsible for properly training release of information staff in company and facility specific functions. Distribute workflow to site personnel.
- Assist in evaluations of employees.
- Ensures supplies are available at designated facility.
- Responsible for meeting facility revenue goals on a consistent basis.
- Prepare month-end reports on the first work day of each month and distribute.
- Responsible for submitting company-related travel expense reports and original receipts to manager in a timely fashion.
- Maintains confidentiality by keeping all information seen and heard in the facility in the strictest confidence.
Productivity and Quality:
- Maintains productivity, quality and assures customer service standards.
- Provides input into the review and revision of site procedure.
- Performs quality reviews and site evaluations as required by clients.
- Customer Service Skills. Answers and conducts business on the telephone routinely while maintaining excellent customer service skills.
- Reviews Release of Information requests for validity according to applicable state or federal statutes. Returns inappropriate authorizations and requests to the requester.
- Looks up medical record numbers, fills out guides and pulls medical records, if so directed.
- Reviews the requests to determine which records are being requested.
- Scans the medical record and chooses the appropriate information to be photocopied, if so directed.
- Copies the appropriate pages for the requested records, if so directed.
- Re-assembles the charts (files) for re-filing.
- Logs information that is being sent to the requester either manually or using company software in accordance with the facility procedure.
- Documents the release of information in the patient medical record or other means determined by the facility.
- Calculates the amount to be billed to the requester and prepares the invoice, if so directed.
- Certifies the copies of medical records when requested, if so directed.
- Prepares copies for mailing, by weighing and affixing postage or by processing the mail through the facility Mail Room, if so directed.
- Reports to work as scheduled.
- Complies with all Policies, specifically, attendance and punctuality.
- Attends mandatory employee in-service meetings and/or training sessions, if so directed.
- Typically, works remotely accessing work related projects and tasks via VPN access.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Experience in a medical records or health care setting would be beneficial.
- Medical Terminology class is strongly encouraged.
- Required to take and pass a 90-day ROI Certification course with a score of 85% or higher.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please use the link to apply directly to the position, or send a copy of your resume to Brittany Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org