Coming up with IaHIMA
PLEASE NOTE: The due date for applications to IaHIMA Scholarship has been extended to March 31st, 2022.
The IaHIMA Scholarship is available for students, but IaHIMA Continuing Education Awards are available for those working as health information professionals.
- Scholarships are awarded in $500 increments
- Continuing Education Awards are in $100 increments
Eligibility Requirements for the IaHIMA Continuing Education Award
- Applicant must be an active member of AHIMA/IaHIMA for at least two years.
- Applicant must complete the application form.
- Applicant must submit employment record/resume.
- Applicant must write an essay on “How Continuing Educations Enhances You Professionally.”
- Once the award is received and CE event has been attended, a brief summary of the event and how it relates to recipient’s profession is to be submitted in order to receive monetary reimbursement.
- Members may not be given a continuing education award for two (2) consecutive years.
IaHIMA Scholarships Available!
The Iowa Health Information Management Association recognizes the importance of promoting the excellence of students entering the health information profession. Each year, the Iowa Health Information Management Association awards scholarships to multiple individuals who have achieved certain educational goals in the field of health information.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for this scholarship:
- At least one of the following requirements must be met:
- Enrolled in a CAHIIM accredited Associate HIM program, eligible in the last year of the program.
- Enrolled in a CAHIIM accredited Baccalaureate HIM program, eligible in the last half of the program.
- An RHIT progressing to RHIA in a CAHIIM accredited program
- Enrolled in a CAHIIM accredited Master’s program in HIM or HI
- Enrolled in a Coding Certificate/Diploma program through a CAHIIM accredited program
- May receive the IaHIMA scholarship award only one time per degree level.
- Academic Record Required: A grade point average (GPA) or not less than a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A member of the American Health Information Management Association with Component State Association (CSA) designated as Iowa.
- A United States citizen.
The deadline for application submissions is March 31, 2022.
IaHIMA Annual Business Meeting
IaHIMA Annual Business Meeting – Thursday, April 21st, 2022
- 6 CEU’s will be available for attending
- Will be held virtually
- Notice of change to IaHIMA Bylaws with the vote to take place at IaHIMA Annual Meeting
OHIMA 2022 Conference
OHIMA 2022 Conference – Earn up to 45 CEU’s
Early Bird Registration is now closed. You may still register for the conference until 3/14/2022 at the IaHIMA Member price with the IaHIMA Member promo code.
- IaHIMA Members: AnnMtg22_IaHIMA
OHIMA22 will take place in person from March 21-23, 2022 in Columbus, Ohio and virtually March 21-May 31, 2022 via the conference platform, Whova.